10 Most Searched For Words in the Thesaurus
Here is a list of the top searched words in a thesaurus in the United States. Each item has the average number of searches a month and a few of the top synonyms for each.
Aim for precision in your business writing. A more specific version of an overused word often clarifies meaning and tone.
1. Important (153,000 searches a month)
2. Experience (143,000 searches a month)
3. However (125,000 searches a month)
- Despite that
4. Good (109,000 searches a month)
5. Different (89,000 searches a month)
6. Help (87,000 searches a month)
7. Great (86,000 searches a month)
8. Opportunity (81,000 searches a month)
9. Bad (79,000 searches a month)
10. Interesting (77,000 searches a month)
To find the most searched terms we used the software Ahrefs and looked for words that were searched with the word "synonym". The average searches are an estimate. The synonyms for each word come from the crowdsourced online thesaurus Power Thesaurus.
About the author
Mary founded Instructional Solutions in 1998, and is an internationally recognized business writing trainer and executive writing coach with two decades of experience helping thousands of individuals and businesses master the strategic skill of business writing. She excels at designing customized business writing training programs to maximize productivity, advance business objectives, and convey complex information. She holds a B.A. in English from the University of Rhode Island, an M.A. in English Literature from Boston College, and a C.A.G.S. in Composition and Rhetoric from the University of New Hampshire.
Mon, Oct 14, 2019